Senior planner (Toronto)
Bleublancrouge Toronto is looking for a Senior planner (strategist) who will be responsible to lead the strategy of the Desjardins account. The senior planner plays a hands-on role in a highly collaborative environment, participating in new business pitches if needed, managing client relationships and mentoring junior team members. The senior planner will be expected to provide sound and responsible business counseling, thought leadership and consistently superior output.
Above all, as a leader at BBR, the Senior Planner must embody the agency’s exemplary work ethic and culture of excellence, respect and collaboration.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Manage agency strategy efforts and projects, involved with projects from start to finish, ensuring successful project completion against deadlines.
- Oversee development of marketing plans and creative briefs
- Apply strategic frameworks to deliver on outputs ranging from brand positioning to content strategy
- Partner with internal and external teams to lead brainstorms and deliver creative aligned with brand and business goals
- Lead strategic engagements and client workshops
- Develop integrated marketing strategies and tactical plans to meet and exceed the client’s marketing and business goals and objectives
- Review, analyze and evaluate the client’s needs and objectives: media output, creative output, research reports and client data
- Design, execute and manage research to develop cultural and consumer insights
- Develop and evolve vision, providing inputs on structure, unique capabilities and tools
- Participate in new business efforts and pitches, including drafting, managing and creating presentations and responses to RFPs
- Seek new opportunities to add value to existing clients
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications (or any other related area).5+ years of work experience in branding, creative strategy with experience in services/agency environment
- Experience with national/international clients and experience in the financial industry
- Experience with opening new markets and launching new products
- Experience applying Design Thinking techniques (asset)
- Fluency in English and French (French an asset)
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Leadership skills and strategic insight
- Customer-centric approach
- Proven ability as a presenter and facilitator
- Excellent analytical and reflective skills
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Strong written communication skills
- Unparalleled organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent listening skills
Join our team of adventurers, inspiring talent and courageous professionals. Welcome to Bleublancrouge.